Applied Mining Lab – University of Patras
- Composition of nanocomposite clay minerals / photocatalysts
- Preparation of rock and soil samples for study using X-ray diffractometry
- Preparation of treated rock and soil specimens (with ethylene glycol or heating) for study using X-ray diffractometry for the identification of aluminate minerals.
- Separation of the algal fraction of soils and rocks.
- Determination of mixed clay alumina minerals using the Newmode program on X-rays.
- Determination of physical properties of soils and rocks (eg plasticity, moisture, cation exchange capacity).
- Study of the suitability of soils and rocks for their use as clay carpets in landfills.
- Study of the suitability of minerals, soils and rocks for their use in the absorption of organic pollutants.
- Study of the suitability of minerals, soils and rocks for their use in microbial adsorption.
- Study of the suitability of minerals, soils and rocks for their use in the absorption of inorganic pollutants.
Stone & Mineral Study, Study Of Territories, Environmental Processing Methods
Contact Person – Scientific Director
Prof. K. Hatzipanagiotou